Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Guess what I found out...

Hmm it's amazing how things work out.. The day after I decide to hold off on getting my pup, my friend Cindy emailed me and said that she is going to be repeating her Stella x Leroy cross for fall puppies!!! This cross just produced five gorgeous pups that all evaluated out as show quality. This is the cross that I had my heart set on a pup from previously, but mama Stella didn't have a black tri girl for me. So keep your fingers and toes crossed!
Nemo is doing really well with his new lessons. I'm seeing a lot of progress with c/t everytime he sees another dog. I think the positive association is starting to sink in. I've also taught him to roll over and Lord help me, that's his favorite trick now. Whenever I look at him and he knows I have a treat in hand, he rolls over and pops back up so proud of himself! I also hand feed him his meals and make him do downs, left/right spins, roll over etc. for his breakfast and dinner. It's so funny because now he'll go through a sequence of all those things before I ask him to do anything. He'll down, spin, sit, rollover, down again, all in a row just in anticipation. It makes me laugh and I just have to break down and give him a cookie :)
We're going out of town to Myrtle Beach this week and I hope to start class at BF3 when we get back. I can't wait for some beach time!!!

3 comments:

Rossi2009 said...

OH MY GOD are you seriously going to Myrtle Beach? Have you ever been there? We went every year when I lived in Virginia, and my family still goes every year. Greatest seafood (and bakery!) ever, The Chesapeake House near Barefoot Landing. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Saint Lover said...

How exciting Jamie! Have fun at Myrtle Beach. I have never been. Does Nemo get to go with you?

How excited about the fall litter. Hopefully there will be a tri girl for you. It is funny how things work out. We run into roadblocks that open doors for other bigger and better things. I have my fingers crossed for you!

SpillToJill said...

Hi There - I apologize that I am leaving a comment - however, I did not see a contact me page...I wanted to tell you that I am a fan of your site - and that I am participating in a blogathon - you can see the details on my blog page;)

Thanks:)