Monday, March 12, 2007

Isn't she cute?



That's Dakota Bear at 4 weeks old-ish. I just thought I'd post that picture because I was too lazy to download the new pictures from the camera this weekend. ( -:

The pups had fun this weekend helping me with yard work. Marcus and I uncovered the pool on Saturday. He dumped a bunch of chemicals and stuff in it yesterday, so hopefully between that and Mr. Sweepy, the murk will disappear. Dakota is thrilled that the cover is off, she loves to stand on the step in the water.

I wandered around the back yard and raked leaves, picked up sticks, bark, acorns, and other debris that's been collecting since fall. I love all of our trees, but holy cow it's never-ending work!! I also cleaned off the a/c units and swept up the patio. I'm trying to figure out what plants I can put in the back flower bed that are hardy enough to withstand three pooches.

We got to play about 13 holes on Saturday before we threw in the towel. It was too crowded and we were playing too crappy to continue. Sunday evening we hit some balls on the range. The weather was perfect and the grass on the range was pretty plush, which was nice to hit off of for a change.

I was so excited to go to class this Sunday. Nemo had been doing great in our little daily training sessions. He's attention has been improving and his stay's with distractions have been coming a long great. He's been loose-leash walking like a champ, BUT Sunday I learned TIRED PUPPY = ZERO ATTENTION SPAN! He got up very early with me to do yard work, and he and the other two ran wild all day. I could tell when I put Nemo in the car to go to class that he was one worn out pup. We had a good time though, I have to remind myself often that he is still a baby. ( -:

2 comments:

Em said...

Very cute! WOW, that will make 4, right? Glutton for punishment much?! :o)

I know you from Alamar, when you brought itty bitty Nemo out and he tried to climb through the fencing!! :-P

Are you still going out there? I think you also know my friend Kathrine with bekindtodogs. She mentioned a little mini aussie named Nemo...I figure there probably aren't *too* many of those :)

See ya around!!

Rossi2009 said...

Nemo will be fine - you have to remember he is a PUPPY :-) Of course, I have the same hard time remembering that with Derby. It will all come together with time :-)